Thursday, December 2, 2010

Object of Perpetual Hissing

I decided to read through the book of Jeremiah this week. Since I hadn't read Jeremiah for awhile and because I was reading the New Living Translation, I picked up some new things that I've overlooked in the past. My favorite phrase this time is found in 18:16 and 19:8 where God describes the upcoming destruction for Judah as a "monument to their stupidity". The NASB uses the phrase "object of perpetual hissing" which, I think we all can agree, is much cooler. 

So, the bottom line is that Jeremiah is a cool book.
The Bible is a cool book.
Take some time to read it!

On an unrelated note: I am still in Lafayette. I had a bit of a setback, but I should be on the road to Florida next week. The good news is that I didn't miss the first snowfall...

No comments:

Post a Comment